Thursday 19 April 2012

Thanks for Letting Me Win

A while ago I wrote about needing to have a plan for victory. How, by identifying a way to salvage a bad situation you can win against the odds. Quite often these plan involve having your opponent make a wrong choice.

When presented with a decision, your opponent will always try and take the route that should be best for them. However, people make mistakes and quite often they don't have all the information needed to make the correct decision. Last week I was playing Magic Online and was up against a much better deck. I knew how I could still win but first I needed to draw the correct card and then I needed my opponent to block in a specific way. There was a video but the quality got severely reduced when I uploaded it so I'll have to redo it. But trust me it illustrates how by giving your opponent the opportunity to make a wrong decision you can come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment